About Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA):
Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA) is the national network of Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) in Afghanistan. It was established in 2005 by the Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA), microfinance practitioners and other stakeholders. AMA was registered with the Ministry of Justice of Afghanistan in 2007.
AMA branded itself as an association that promotes the broader development finance sector in Afghanistan (as opposed to limiting its scope to only the microfinance sector).
AMA has been one of the founders and member of South Asian Micro-entrepreneur Network (SAMN) since 2009. AMA was elected as the Chairman of SAMN in March 2018. In 2012, AMA also became a member of the Small Enterprise Education and Promotion (SEEP) Network based in USA.
AMA supports its members with a strong portfolio of demand-driven services under its four main functions; Lobbying & Advocacy, Knowledge Management, Coordination & Networking and Capacity Building.
Finance and Accounts
- Prepare daily expense vouchers, process its approvals and enter them in QuickBooks as per finance manual.
- Prepare monthly payroll for all AMA staff, process its approvals and transfer to relevant bank accounts.
- Maintain good and reliable filling system of finance, admin and HR functions.
- Assist Finance/Admin Manager in handling banking transactions, withdrawals and deposits.
- Assist Admin/Finance Manager in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to management, board and donors as per agreed formats.
- Assist Admin/Finance Manager in developing annual and project budgets.
- Follow up with AMA members and donors on pending invoices and payments.
Administration and Logistics
- Maintain and manage fixed assets, stationery and inventory registers for AMA office.
- Arrange field visits by purchasing air ticket, hotel accommodation and transportation for staff.
- Support Admin/Finance Manager in supervision of support staff; guards, cook/cleaner and drivers to make sure their excellent performance.
- Support Admin/Finance Manager in organizing meetings, workshops, seminars as per need in collaboration with the relevant staff members.
- Assist Finance/Admin Manager in procurement of goods and assets for the office as per AMA and donor’s procurement guidelines.
- Maintain log books for vehicles and generator fuel expenses.
- Announce job vacancies on ACBAR, Jobs and any other websites as and when needed, following HR manual.
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor
- Education: Bachelor degree in economics or BBA (major in Finance). FIA/CAT qualification is preferred.
- Experience: At least one year of overall working experience in finance and administration is required. Microfinance or banking experience will be an advantage.
- Communication: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent in English, Dari and Pashto is required.
- Computer: Good IT skills. Knowledge and experience of Quick Books is an advantage.
- Personal qualification: Quick learner, talented, energetic, and active individual with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
To apply: please send your CV along with a cover letter to Jobs@ama.org.af include Job Title in the subject line of the application.